Sunday, June 08, 2008

 

Update

Sorry for the delay everyone. I had no connection at the last station.

Dwayne made the difficult decision to drop out at 81.5 miles (21h27s). His spirit could have finished but his feet are in very bad condition. He is quite upset, but I have assured him that no one is disappointed in him. He made a smart decision.

I don't want to leave you on a sad note. There is a funny nugget that I'd like to share with you.

Once Dwayne hobbled back to the car, he wanted dry clothes. It's 3:30 am so it's pitch black in the forrest. Dwayne warns us about full-frontal nudity. He's in the process of putting on the first pant leg when a car drives up with headlights on in the opposite direction. I run up behind him and say "don't worry, they can't see you. I've got you covered." Then I look up and realize that Dwayne's been flashing a woman in a car he thought was empty! She got the Full Monty.

Dwayne was completely mortified and the woman was beside herself. He got those pants on in record time and tried to apologize to the woman who was trying NOT to make eye contact. I was laughing so hard that I cried.

I want to thank Pam for coming out with us on this adventure. Even though the goal was not accomplished, we all had a good time overall.

Thanks for reading all my messages, and thank you to those of you who responded with your encouraging notes.

-Natalie

Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?