Friday, April 11, 2008

 

Ok, so I slacked off...

Yes, I know, I had planned on updating this more frequently, but yikes, life gets in the way sometimes.

First, an update. I'm not doing McNaughton as my first 100 miler. I just couldn't get into a training groove soon enough to make it feasible. The winter this year was just so brutal that I really lost my motivation to spend 4 to 6 hours out in -40 weather training. Instead, I'm going to do Kettle Moraine on 7 June.

In the past 5 or 6 weeks, I've had some stellar mileage (for me at least) along with great consistency. I've ran every day since 15 January and so far, my body is liking it.

With 56 days to go, I've got some long efforts to get in yet, having only done a couple 30+ mile runs so far, but the schedule has been tweaked and I should be getting about 60+ miles a week from now until the end of May.

This time, I'll try harder to keep the blog up to date.

D.

Comments:
Hi Dwayne

I just came across your blog, glad to see that your still running the ultras and getting ready for 100 milers this year. Maybe we'll see you in Dauphin again this fall for "Round the Moon" it just wasn't the same this past fall without you guys.

Sue
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?