Thursday, January 03, 2008

 

The Nike Free and Barefoot Experiment

As part of my training this winter I'm trying to do regular runs in my Nike Frees (v5) and once the snow melts, go truly barefoot too.

So far I've done a few short (2 miles and 2.25 miles) in the Frees and other than a slight feel of 'working' some un-used muscles I feel great. I'm on my second pair of Frees, the first pair saw some runs, but nothing consistent or for any great distance. I broke the second pair in while doddling around Vegas for the weekend of the marathon and have now made them part of the regular shoe rotation.

From everything I've read, a guy with feet like mine has nothing to lose and everything to gain from this approach. We'll see how everything goes.

D.

Comments:
Hey Dwayne! I know you from your days at EISI. That's an impressive habit you've picked up, congrats! I think I remember seeing you in an article in the Free Press.

Cheers!

Maurice Dequier
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?