Saturday, May 27, 2006

 

It's race day!

Here I sit in a beautiful park, waiting for the rest of civilization to arrive. There are only a few of us around right now - and they're probably all wondering why the hell I've brought my city-slicker Blackberry for a day of roughing it. Well, it's because I'm a freak, but more importantly it's so you can get updates on the Blackfooters!

Here's what NOT to do when you travel for an away race: don't assume that your smart piece of technology will figure out what time zone you're in, even if it's supposed to be that smart!

I knew I had to set my watch back, but this Bolackberry is supposed to change itself. It didn't. When my alarm went off this morning, Dwayne hopped out of bed - only to wonder why the backup alarm didn't go off. So he checks it, and says: "It's only 2 am!" I felt like a complete idiot, and we both got paranoid about what time it actually was. We checked our watches and the computer. Turns out that I suck. Bad, baaad crew member. Lesson learned.

We went back to sleep for an hour then got up (again) to get ready. Everything went smoothly. The 100k runners were off at 5 am and now it's waiting time. I don't know that I'll recognize Lawrence, and it's too cold for me to take off my jacket and fleecy to expose the Running Mania logo. I will see Krista soon though, and I'll post another update then.

Hasta la vista! It's coffee time.


Comments:
Thanks for the update, Good Luck!!
 
Thanks for the update, Good Luck!!
Robbie-T
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?