Friday, March 24, 2006

 

Garmin Geek

Well, I did it. I bought a Garmin 205 today. I remember a while ago when they first came out I thought they were interesting, but I never really saw them as that great with the issues around tree cover and buildings and losing signal. That, and the fact they never had support for the Mac OS. Well, the 205 is supposed to have a better receiver for the signal under tree cover and in urban canyons. Plus, Garmin is releasing Mac software. For the time being I'm without software so all my data will be temporarily stored on a testing system at the office. I still see myself planning out routes on gmap-pedometer and then using the 205 to track my paces during the run. After this weekends runs, I'll have a better sense of what all the fuss has been about for the past while. D.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?